Join Our Captain’s Club!
Ahoy mate! Want to become a product tester, play with free boating stuff and then keep it? Here’s your chance! Boats.net is hand-picking gear testers to get their hands on some cool stuff as members of our Captain’s Club!
Here’s how it works: You tell us why you should be a Captain’s Club gear tester and if we pick you, you’ll receive products from us to test out. Then, you’ll share your honest feedback with us and your community about the gear you receive in social media posts. The gear includes parts and accessories to complete jobs that need to be done, as well as items that amplify your boating experience and add to your weekend fun such as tubes, wakeboards, and other fun watersports equipment we want to hear about.
We want YOUR opinion about new gear! Join the Captain's Club and we'll send gear to select boaters every month for testing and feedback.
Boats.net Captain's Club Membership Terms & Conditions
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at HTTP://www.boats.net/LP/CAPTAINS-CLUB and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Outdoor Network, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Terms & Conditions: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these terms & conditions and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Outdoor Network as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 15, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All online entries must be received by December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at HTTP://www.boats.net/LP/CAPTAINS-CLUB. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to receive free parts or gear. This includes the Contestant’s first and last name, email address, physical address, and information about how they boat and what makes them. great gear tester, as requested on the entry form. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the terms & conditions or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Outdoor Network. You may enter once during the contest period. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the terms & conditions. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the terms & conditions your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Outdoor Network.
5. Odds: The odds of being selected to participate in the Captain's Club Gear Testing program depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Gear Tester Selection and Notification: Gear Testers will be hand-selected by the Director of Marketing at Outdoor Network based on the information they have provided in the form on HTTP://www.boats.net/LP/CAPTAINS-CLUB. Gear testers will be notified by email if they are selected to test a product. The product will be supplied to the Gear Tester for free. Shipping of the product from Outdoor Network to the Gear Tester will be covered by Outdoor Network. The Gear Tester may keep the gear they receive for testing. Outdoor Network shall have no liability if a potential Gear Tester fails to receive notices of eligibility due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If selected Gear Tester cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to respond to the Gear Tester Opportunity Email within seven (7) business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the opportunity to be a Gear Tester may be forfeited, and an alternate Gear Tester will be selected. Receipt of promotion products to potential GEAR TESTERS, as offered in this Campaign, is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS BY SELECTED GEAR TESTERS (AT OUTDOOR NETWORK‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Federal, state, and local tax liabilities: All Federal, state and local tax liabilities, if any, are the responsibility of the Gear Testers. Gear Testers who receive items to test that have a value in excess of $600.00 will receive an IRS Form 1099. Acceptance of the Complimentary Product constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for Sponsor and/or its affiliates to use of Gear Tester's name, statements, photographs, video images and biographies for publicity purposes without any limitation or additional compensation. If you are a selected Gear Tester and you are offered the opportunity to receive a promotional item to test that is valued in excess of $600.00, you will be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9. The Form W-9 will be mailed to you and you will have 72 hours to return the Form in the enclosed postage paid Express Mail envelope. If the executed Form W-9 is not received by Sponsor within 72 hours of your receipt, you will be declared ineligible.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Outdoor Network, anyone acting on behalf of Outdoor Network, and Outdoor Network’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Outdoor Network reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Outdoor Network’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Outdoor Network will hand select qualified Gear Testers from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Outdoor Network. Outdoor Network reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Outdoor Network has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign terms & conditons; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Outdoor Network reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Outdoor Network and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participants actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Gear Tester List: To obtain a copy of the Gear Testers who have been selected to participate in the program, or a copy of these terms and conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Outdoor Network C/O Tracy Davis: 1601 S. Slappey Blvd, Albany, Ga 31701. Requests must be received no later than January 10, 2024.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Outdoor Network, 1601 S. Slappey Blvd, Albany, Ga 31701.
15. The Campaign hosted by Outdoor Network is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform.
16. By entering your name to be considered as a Captain's Club Gear Tester you agree to have your email address added to the Boats.net promotions mailing list. Boats.net will email you promotional materials, discount offers and repair help in the form of multimedia content (text and video). The mailing list is free and you can opt-out at any time by using the link at the bottom of any promotional email sent to you from Boats.net.