How to Find Yamaha Outboard Year and Model Number
Whenever you need to service or repair your Yamaha outboard, you need to make sure you order the correct parts for your specific model.
Yamaha has manufactured thousands of outboard models, so you’ll need to know how to find your engine’s exact year and model number to buy the right parts for your Yamaha engine. Watch the video above or read on below to learn how to find the serial number on a Yamaha outboard.
Yamaha Outboard ID Plate
To find your Yamaha outboard’s year and model number, locate the identification plate or sticker on the transom mounting bracket.
The number at the top right is the Yamaha model number and year. The number denotes the outboard’s HP, and the last letter denotes the outboard’s year of manufacture.
- In the picture above, the F225TXRC outboard’s 225 means it’s 225HP and it was manufactured in 2004.
- The number at the middle left is the prefix model code. In our example it’s 69J.
- The letter in the middle is the driveshaft length - S, L, X or U. In our example, it’s X.
- The number at the middle right is the serial number. In our example, it’s 1008356.
Finding Yamaha Outboard Replacement Parts
Using the ID plate/sticker information, you can quickly find parts for the exact model of your Yamaha outboard right here at Boats.net.
1. Start by clicking Yamaha on the home page.
2. Next, click on Outboard.
3. Use the reference chart at the foot of the page to find your outboard’s year, and click on the year that applies. For example, if the series is C, the production year is 2004.
Add the parts you need to your shopping cart, complete the checkout process, and enjoy working with your brand new Yamaha outboard parts when they arrive.